Sunday, March 16, 2008

House of Sickies

Well, this has been a crappy week for our house.
Max and I have been gross for a week. Poor Maggie has had the upchucks since Thursday night but no other symptoms. I hate seeing her so miserable. I can't wait for normalcy around here again where my kids EAT. (Well, Miss Maggie was already a picky eater much to my chagrin).
And the real kick in the gut was how nice the weather was all week. Perfect for playgrounds and running around. But no, we were prisoners in our home.

I got an email from a friend in Austin today. She talked about her son's varsity basketball games with Dripping Springs and Marble Falls. I got super homesick for Austin at that point. I miss it. I miss the surrounding areas. I miss West in September. I miss Fredericksburg in October. I miss Dripping Springs in April. Austin had an annual "fill in the blank" every weekend. Sure, we didn't get to go to everything every weekend. But it was nice to have that choice.

No comments: