UGH!!
Well, our garage flooded when we had an all day deluge, came all the way up to the door leading into the house. The stuff at the front of the garage was sitting in about 6 inches of water. The front porch was so flooded it came into the house. Lovely.
That was several weeks ago. We couldn't get to everything in the time frame needed.
We just keep finding more stuff damaged by the flooded garage.
My portfolio (of senior projects, studio jobs, first design job) ruined, in the trash. My original artwork from school (pencil and pen illustrations, some framed, all ruined) in the trash. The file with all my school papers (letters, transcripts, certificates) trashed. Framed prints, Mexican folk art, books, trashed.
My Grandmother was an artist and I only have two of her original watercolors. Found one last night, completely wet. Salvaged it from the frame but it has mildew on it in some places (at least that can be covered by a mat). I don't know where the other one is, hopefully it's in the house somewhere.
I wasn't worried about the antique china but now I feel like I need to go through the boxes as they are covered in soaked newspaper. I hope the furniture is dried out fine and not too messed up. I really dread opening another box.
I feel for those that have lost all their belongings in a total house flood or fire.
Tiny Gems Project
5 years ago




1 comment:
Man, that's too bad all that stuff got ruined! I hope you'll be able to salvage some of it.
Post a Comment